Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reward Card

I have mentioned my LOVE for reward cards in previous posts, but in order to really convey the LOVE I have for reward cards, I felt the subject needed a post of its own!

You may be asking - what reward cards do you have? What do they get you? Are you sure spending that kind of money really means what you get for free is free?? Here you go:

~ STARBUCKS. My all time favorite reward card. Mainly because I have a sick obsession with ALL of their drinks, oh and I have a GOLD card with my name on it. Many say this is a waste of money, many of those have since registered a card and are on there way to joining the coveted GOLD MEMBER SOCIETY. With this card I get all syrups free (which is good because they are hiking the prices on those pumps) and refills on teas and coffee. With every 15 "Stars" I get a free drink. Overall I save an average of $8 a week with this card.

~ Qdoba. Every time I make a purchase I get my reward card swiped. After so many transactions you get a free meal. Tomas and I have cashed in on a free meal here and there, resulting in a $5.00 dinner sometimes. The bigger rewards come in my email, where on occasion I receive a free meal, or chips and whatever they choose.

~ Safeway & King Soopers. Maybe the discounts I get at these stores don't add up to much when comparing pricing to....say....Walmart. BUT when I use this card (even at the Starbucks within the Safeway) I get cents off my gas at participating gas stations. Sometimes only .05, but SOMETIMES .25!!!

~ Panera. My newest member. I am not sure what I will get with this card - but I am sure to find out.

In addition to these cards I have various restaurants and retail shops (Kona, Melting Pot, Buckle, American Eagle just to name a small %). I sign up for their emails and get special offers and free things. The key is to designate a specific email address for these mass emails and offers.

So is it worth it in the end? Maybe not if I were a hermit, but since I will be visiting these places ANYWAY - I mind as well benefit from the $$ I spend :) No matter what - the 50 Happy Birthday emails I get with free things in them every November make it all worth while!!

No comments:

Post a Comment