Wednesday, November 10, 2010

27

Last week was my 27th Birthday. This year was surprisingly tough. Usually I love birthdays and everything they stand for. Who doesn't love the admiration of people who care enough to say Happy Birthday, the gifts, and the cake!! But this year I was an emotional mess full of anxiety for what it meant to be 27. I think my biggest issue is that I have always felt this age was a turning point, from fun filled 20's to mature 30's. I have come to find I do not feel more mature or less fun. The goals I haven't accomplished yet will come with time, when they are supposed to (I guess). So 6 days later I am coming to terms with my age.

It probably helped that I had a fun birthday week/weekend. It started off with So You Think You Can Dance. Four girls headed to the Broomfield Events Center to see the dancers perform live. It was a lot of fun, and it is always interesting to see that many women gather for something :) For my actual birthday I woke up to a rose and card from my hubby, and my office decorated my desk and had a chili cook off for lunch. It was fun to have a busy day, and all of our agents were so nice to call and stop by. I even got to go home early and take Friday off to celebrate. That evening Tomas came home with the BIGGEST bottle of champagne and cake. My Mom came over and we had Spaghetti Pie. It was a relaxing birthday which was what I needed.

The weekend was going to be exciting no matter what! Tanna and Christine were coming in town to run a 5K and celebrate my birthday. Friday evening they got in and we spent the time going to Target and Kohl's after drinking some wine and enjoying Noodles. Saturday morning we were up bright and early, we headed downtown for our 8am start time. This 5K was to raise money for Veteran's Day (or the ROTC running club). The participants were Mom, Jenna, Tanna, Christine and myself. We all did really good!! I was so proud. Then the day was spent shopping and enjoying PF Changs on the patio (yes it was in the 70s!). That night is when S%*t got real - hehe! We headed to Jenna's to eat pizza and an amazing cake she made with love for me. I was very excited when Liz was able to meet up with us before we hit the town. The night was filled with singing, laughing, and dancing. The perfect birthday/5K celebration.

Thank you to everyone who went out of their way to celebrate this "milestone" birthday. I am lucky to have you all in my life - I appreciate you all! Here is to a happy and healthy 27th year!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that both Tomas and I put a big 27 on your cake just so you wouldn't forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I had a hard time with 25. Does it get harder? Glad I could help celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete