Friday, October 1, 2010

Country Music

Today I have the day off, thank you very cool boss! One of my favorite things to do while cleaning and organizing (which is what my day will be filled with), is turning on Country Music and singing along. It has come to my attention recently, by that cool boss, that I only sing little phrases in songs under my breath when in my office. That is probably why, when I get home, I get to sing as loud as I want, THE WHOLE SONG :)

I think I love the music most because of the wonderful memories it brings back. Growing up my Mom and I would sing songs by The Judds while on road trips to Houston, I would sing the Wynonna part and she would sing Naomi. The karaoke machine my parents gave me for Christmas, we were at my Grandma's and she caught me singing into the microphone as loud as I could "performing" in front of stuffed animals. The minute she walked in, I stopped, embarrassed. She said, "Don't stop! Sing like that when you want to, I just want to join the bears to enjoy". Or putting on "concerts" with my childhood best friend, practicing all day for our big performance for my Mom (my brothers made great background dancers). Dancing with my Dad on his toes as he twirled me around the dance floor at Trail Dust to Garth Brooks. It reminds me of my first boyfriend in high school, falling in love for the first time to Tim McGraw. Making "music videos"  of Gretchen Wilson with my college roommate Amy in cowboy boots and straw hats. Having a GREAT time in Las Vegas with my Aunt, Uncle, Cousins and Family, line dancing at Toby Keith's I Love this Bar & Grill. When Tomas and I first started dating he wasn't a huge fan, so we compromised on our road trips home, 1 song of Tupac for 1 country song. Now it is something he listens to all the time, and we danced at our wedding to Brad Paisley. Our new favorite country music hobby is attending concerts with my Mom & Dad, or Lindsay & Mark. 




Country Music has always been a huge part of my life, when I hear it, sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry, but I ALWAYS sing along! Here are some more of my favorites: Sugarland, Lady Antebellum, Brooks and Dunn, and The Zach Brown Band. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment