Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Scrapbooking


Twice a year (sometimes more) my Mom and I head to a hotel for a weekend of scrapbooking. Yes, we scrapbook for almost 30 hours in 3 days. These weekends are great for many reasons; I get almost a years worth of pictures done, we stay in sweats or pjs the whole weekend, we have our own happy hour in the room, and they provide us with snacks the whole weekend!!


This weekend was by far my favorite weekend, because my Aunt Susanne was here! My aunt Susanne is someone I would like to be like; always up for a good time, stands by her beliefs and family, embraces her style, is true to herself, and someone who laughs a lot. We have tried to get this scrapbooking weekend coordinated a few times, but things like hurricanes have prevented us from making it happen. This past weekend was FULL of belly laughs and in depth conversations, we will walk away with many inside jokes and memories. There is nothing like sitting and being creative, while sharing stories from the last few months.

My Mom and my Aunt are two of my favorite women in the World. I am so lucky to have a Mom and an Aunt like these two - thank you both for all the support and love you give me!!  I wish Susanne lived closer so we could enjoy the friendship/sisterhood more often. But then again, these weekends, when we get to pack it all in, are very special.

Thank you Susanne for coming out to chilly Colorado for a weekend with us ~ we will HAVE to do it again soon! All we were missing was Haley to make it the PERFECT girls weekend :) Lets plan our next weekend (even if no scrapbooking is involved, just shopping and eating) SOON!!! Love you both! Tear c>

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could have hung out with your mom and Suzanne:( They are great women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of scrapbooking lady. I am a little jealous. It sounds like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete