Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Weekend Adventures

Many months out of the year I end up booking every weekend with something away from home. I am not sure if it is a mistake, or my Mom's fault for bringing me up this way (love you Mom-hehe)? These past two weekends have been filled with girl time and a stroll down memory lane. Though I am exhausted I find these weekends keep me sane!!

October 15th - Jenna and I headed out on our 3 hour drive to Imperial, Nebraska. I am very proud to announce that we made it there WITHOUT missing a turn! Sounds crazy, since there are only 3, but we miss one every time and we were happy to have made it on time for once! Our weekends in Imperial are always filled with relaxation and girl time. On this particular weekend we did our wine chat, ran a couple miles, went to a pumpkin patch, baked goodies, and celebrated E's 2nd Birthday! It was exciting because it was our first time meeting Ethan - and I got tons of baby time. It is funny how we can live so far apart, but because we make the effort to see each other, it seems like we live close and know exactly what is going on! Tanna has two of the cutest kids and I am already looking forward to our next trip out to the flat land :)

October 22nd - Mom, Dad, Tomas and I headed to Grand Junction to visit B at college. The weekend started off great because I got to see Amy Lacey, I hadn't seen her in about 3 years and it was wonderful to see her in person
again!! I am excited she is back on the mainland so we can see more of each other. Unfortunately CSUP Volleyball lost in 3 to Mesa, but it was bitter sweet to watch them play. The next day we slept in and then Mom and I ran. Finally at 12 we decided Brian had enough time to sleep so we went and woke him (and his roommate) up! We headed out and took him to Red Robin and shopping for new clothes (he grew a couple inches) and groceries. I miss seeing B all the time, but I am SO glad he is having a blast in college. That night we watched a little bit of the CSUP vs Mesa football game before going on a two hour tour of Grand Junction trying to find the UFC Fights. That ended with no luck, so we stopped at a pizza place and LQ before heading back to our suites (thanks to Dad's Platinum Status, I know you like the mention Dad). The next morning Brian blew us off for breakfast, and who knows where he slept because it wasn't his dorm room, oh how I miss college :) haha!

These weekends always feel like mini vacations and I am so thankful to have friends and family to go with! Our next adventure, Pueblo for another alumni event! GO CSUP!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like Chic-fil-A, 3 hour drive, and no music needed.

    ReplyDelete